Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Doors of Barcelona

 

We arrived in Barcelona on Friday. Thank you for all of your well wishes.   The 7 hour plus flight went pretty fast and they even gave us dinner.  I couldn’t wait to see all of the different architecture. I thought Gaudi and tiles were going to be the highlight for me.  Instead I have been blown over by their wrought iron detailing – their doors, balconies, window grills. 

It is such a coincidence that there has been so much of it that is so different and so beautiful.  I give a presentation tilted “Inspiration From Squiggles and Dots”. It’s all about finding inspiration from stuff.  Stuff like sidewalks, wallpaper, fence railings, Mexican tiles, and wrought iron.  I am currently working on a piece that has been inspired by wrought iron that I have seen in many different places. 

So I would like to share my version of the doors of……. Barcelona.  The variety offers countless sources of inspiration. Click on each door if you woula like to see more detail.

door1 door4 door7door8

 door9door5door12        

door14door15door18       

door19doors16dorrs2

1 comment:

  1. Loved the photos of the doors - I see lots more handwork coming out of this trip!!! Enjoy yourselves and HAPPY BIRTHDAYS (and anniversary)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.