Sunday, November 7, 2010

Everybody's Quilt Guild

Last week , I was the guest speaker at a quilt guild located in Westminster,MD called Everybody's Quilt Guild.  There's got to be a story behind that name, but I forgot to ask.   I presented a trunk show called "One Quilter's Journey".  It's really like a retrospective starting with the first quilt that I ever made. 

These lovely ladies were a great audience.  I did go on a bit long, but nobody left the building.  What a relief.

The night I spoke they were choosing the winner of their raffle quilt.  The quilt was a stunner and it had won a couple of ribbons.  The winner was not in the room, so they decided to call her using the phone number on her winning raffle ticket.  She must have lived nearby, because she was there in a matter of minutes, still with her slippers on!  What a lucky gal.

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how much I wanted to win that quilt!! Oh well, maybe next time. I just wanted to post what a wonderful speaker Cheryl is. I always love to hear about other quilter journeys. Where it started where it is going and all the stuff in between. I can't wait for her new book to come out so we can have her back again! So if your thinking of booking Cheryl, don't think any longer! Just do it! :-) We will see you soon!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.