Monday, March 21, 2011

A Trio of Stuff

I have 3 things to share.  The first involves making quilts for Japan. The tragedy is heartbreaking and the need is tremendous.  But we know what to do in times of crisis.  Make quilts!  I first read about this project on Bonnie Hunters's blog.  Quilter's Newsletter  is collecting new comfort quilts of any size.  They will take care of shipping them to Japan at the appropriate time.  You can read more about it here.  They need to arrive in Colorado by April 30th.  This is a great opportunity to help and maybe try  one of the many free scrappy patterns on Bonnies website.

Now here's my shameless plea.  I was nominated for SewCalGal's Golden Quilter Awards as a book author.  If you think I am deserving , I would be thrilled if you would vote for me. There are a bunch of other categories and other wonderful nominees. You can win prizes.  Take a look and cast a vote.  SEWCALGAL

And here's a quiz.  When do you think this quilt was made?  I'll post the answer on Tuesday and tell you where you can see it.

3 comments:

  1. Voted for you! I am going to guess it was made in the early 1900's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for mentioning our blog about Quilts for Japan. We really appreciate it!

    Kelly M. Smith
    Senior Editor
    Quilters Newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That quilt hypnotized me! I thin it was made in the early part of the 20th century.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.