Friday, January 6, 2012

Wonderful Wonderfil #2



This is the second sample that I made for Wonderfil threads. 
 I really loved making this one because it included silk, lots of hand stitching and circles.
 I call it "My Wish"  - peace, love and happiness.  What could be better?


I first quilted the dupioni silk background, that was layered with a low loft batting, with 12 wt cotton thread (Spagetti).  I love the way you can really see the quilting.  The circles were hand stitched with a whip stitch using Razzle, Dazzle and Spagetti.  These threads added a little bit of bling.


 The heart was fused and machine blanket stitched  with a variegated rayon thread. I created the banner with rubber stamps and attached them with a sequin and a bead in each corner.


For the background, I used the chicken scratch stitch, which is so much fun, and Sizzle.  I added seed beads to add a bit more sparkle.

I had a really hard time putting this piece in the mail.

3 comments:

  1. It is really pretty and I can see why it was hard to give away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    I love the amount of hand work you do and so neat and perfect it turns out. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your style! i can see why you had a hard time sending this away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.