Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday's Wanderings #6 - On the Road



All good things must come to an end.  Heading back to Pennsylvania with mixed feelings.  I think it is obvious by my previous blocks, how fond I am of this place at the southernmost point of the US, called Key West.  But I am looking forward to getting back to real life and my family and friends.

I never thought I would be in the position to have a working vacation, but this is what the last 6 weeks has been.  Somehow, with all of my years of stitching, I have become what could be called a professional.  I just never would have envisioned this.  Thank you to everyone who has made this possible and thanks you to all for being interested enough to read my blog.  But I digress...

It's a 2 day ride home, pretty much straight up Rte 95 after leaving the Keys. Check out my Flower Power vehicle with button tires:


 I had to include the tourist attraction, South of the Border, in my block.  It was built in the 1950's and if you have driven on Rte 95 in North Carolina, you cannot miss it.  It has a special place in my heart, because it is the opening slide for my lecture about quilts inspired by Mexican Talavera tiles. It brings a smile to everyone's face who has seen it and/or stopped there lured by the roadside billboards.


It's extremely hard to write on black fabric.  I found a white gel pen at the local crafts store.  It worked OK - hard to write in such a small space.


I stitched the letters on the signs with 2 strands of Floss.

Heading home .....

3 comments:

  1. Love it, too cute!
    That South of the Border sign keeps us going on that long ride down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your little car with the button wheels. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.