Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lovely Lewes

A 3 day trip to Lewes DE to visit The Ocean Waves Quilt Guild, started out with quite an adventure. Two friends were coming with me. Our meeting point was a local mall and of course I was early, because I am usually painfully early. So I sat listening to the radio with the car in the "on" position. When Lynne turned up, and I tried to turn my car on, it was DEAD. Dead, dead, dead. What a way to start this trip. Lynne said she had jumper cables, but had never jumped a car. I said I had jumped a car, but haft done it in a long time - over 20 years to be exact.

We looked at each other and decided, yes, we can do this. With a bit of googling, wwww.pep boys.com was the place with a step by step tutorial. Following the directions and the colors - "Start Your Engines Ladies ".

Success!

The next day was a lecture at Ocean Waves.

They were a great group of ladies who gave me a great reception.

And there was a bonus. It was their Spring luncheon. And if you know quilters, y now they can cook and cook a lot. They also like to eat. This is what the salad table looked like after we all went through the line.

And there was a wonderful dessert table

with my most favorite food, CAKE! Yum.

After the guild meeting we headed to a wonderful quilt shop, Serendipity, in Rehobeth. They have a big assortment of Chesapeake Bay types of fabric with lots of crabs and ocean themes.

Thanks to my buddies, Serendipity is the newest quilt shop to be carrying Curvalicious. Yay! They will arrive in the shop around the middle of May. I will head back down on June 20th to demo my cool tool, during the shop's birthday celebration.

Speaking of demos, this Saturday, May 10th, I will be demonstrating how to use Curvalicious at 2 local quilt shops. In the morning I will be at The Quilt Block in Exton, PA and in the afternoon I will be at The Round Bobbin in Ambler, PA. They are both giving a one day discount. Stop by and say hi, and while you're there treat yourself to a Mother's Day gift.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an experience! I am not sure if I can jump start my car, Cheryl! You look awesome giving that lecture. The bag of fabrics, I am curious to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate connection problems of any kind but you stepped right up to the challenge. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.