Monday, February 15, 2016

Redecorating

Every year we make an update or two to our place in Key West. This year we painted the downstairs. That is the Royal we! My husband says there is only one thing he dislikes more than painting, and that's paying someone to paint. The color is Sea Kissed. I have to thank my friend Lynne for that. I visited her beach house in Delaware and fell in love with this color. She also inspired me to hang Key West art on the walls. Our place looks so bright and light now. Before this, the walls were gold and maroon - not very Key West.

I decided that the wall was calling for a Beachalicious.
It was hard for me to make this quilt again, after spending so much time developing the pattern. To help me get it done, I made some additions. Thanks to Judy for the lighthouse fabric.
Beach chairs

A sun
And some towels.
Many of my students have made changes to the pattern, including a Mickey Mouse in a sailboat. I love to see the changes. Beachalicious pattern is available in my Etsy shop. I'll also have it for sale in my booth at the Daytona Quilt Show.
We also purchased some new furniture from Ikea. I love this buffet we bought.
It's my sewing studio for 2 months. On top is my cutting mat and an ironing surface. Inside are baskets with fabric and sewing supplies. Everything is so well organized and easy to see. Plus it's hidden from sight.
When we leave I will take everything with me and it will be nice for storage for our renters. Here's a link if you are interested in renting our place to spend some time in Paradise.

6 comments:

  1. Love the new look, bright and happy and lots of light, perfect for a beach home.
    Love the ironing board idea, that makes more sense than to have one on the floor which just takes up space.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I recognized the color as soon as I saw it!! Isn't it so perfect for the beach?? Bailey obviously approves too! Every time I see those Curvalicious sailboats I think that I must make that quilt!! I just love the border on this one!! Envying you the Florida weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, I love the decor on the couch, Bailey. She really makes a great model:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beach chairs are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wall color looks very tranquil! Enjoy all that sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your place is awesome! how cheery and fun.
    when can I book it? You already have quiting stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.