Friday, August 19, 2016

All Was Not Lost

When my trip was cancelled to the AQS Show in Grand Rapids, I gained 6 days. You know what I mean, those days when all of a sudden your plans fall apart and you can do whatever you want. With such a jam packed schedule I treasure these found days. It's like a vacation for me. So I decided to get some small projects done.

The first project was an apron for my grandson. He likes to bake with his Mom. I had a huge zucchini from my garden and I thought it would be fun to make zucchini bread and eat it!

The next project was a small quilt for Penn Oaks Quilt Guild. They have a quilt show every year and raise money for their speakers by selling tickets for mini quilts. I have lots of friends in Penn Oaks and plan on joining, so I made this adorable Bumble Bee quilt. The quilts need to measure 16"x20".

I found a pattern for paper piecing this cute bee on line. I enlarged it to 16" and then added the top and bottom borders. The pattern is by Modern Quilting by B. You can find the pattern at www.patternpile.com. The quilt show is in the Spring. I'm glad I got this done now and I'll let you know when the auction is. There a are a bunch of people that want this mini quilt, including me!

I bought the frame for this purse at a quilt show in July. I always wanted to make a bag with this type of frame. I found it was very easy. I'm glad I bought two frames because I think I will do something a little more involved next time- maybe with pockets inside or an outside with multiple fabrics. It's a May Chappel pattern.

I also spent time organizing some of my fabric and working on a new website

I would say that these "found" days were very productive and rewarding for me. Hope you find some extra days in your week. There's nothing like it!

 

6 comments:

  1. Henry looks like a big boy helper! Found days are always good days....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very productive! I love the gift of time

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Found" time is a gift! You used it well. The bee quilt is really sweet and I'm sure will be a hit at the quilt sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bee quilt is adorqble, as is your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way Henry is so big! Was that Kelly's zucchini recipe? It's the best. Bread, grandson, quilt-- all good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.