Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Has This Ever Happened To You?

Here is the same Mini Mosaic quilt with 2 different borders.

The one on the left was made first. I put the borders on, stitched the binding to the front and then hand stitched it to the back. I thought I was done. Another Mini Mosaic quilt for my collection. It reminded me so much of Key West. I hung it on my design wall the next day and .....

Decided that the border just didn't work for me. It was too matchy matchy with the flamingo and really detracted from the main subject. I was unhappy. How could I have gone wrong? Should I just leave it with the peachy border and move on to the next one?

Has this happened to you? Where you thought you were done and realized, it just wasn't working for you? It wasn't what you had envisioned? Is it time to rip?

It was for me. I removed the binding, iand then the borders. It was a small quilt after all. Then I auditioned other fabrics and thanks to the advice of some friends, chose a green batik.

It kept the tropical feel that I wanted while still letting the flamingo be the star. Now to move onto my next Mini Mosauc quilt. I just love making them.

On another note, I just sent out my first monthly newsletter. If you're not on my mailing list and you didn't receive it, you may want to take a look. I was so happy with all the positive feedback that I received. It has some great content including a video tour of my studio, a very cool app to transform photos and a company worthy recipe from Don' s Kitchen. If you want to check it out click HERE. And if you like it, I hope you'll subscribe. You can do it on the right side bar of this blog. If you have trouble subscribing, just e-mail me.

 

3 comments:

  1. What a difference between the two! very pretty! Love the mosaic work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl is there a pattern for this? I love it.

    suebennett1975@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green is so much nicer. Really shows off the flamenco!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.