Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Quilts, Quilts and More Quilts

As vendors at Quilt Market, not only were we able to see lots of quilts that were created to sell patterns, fabric and other supplies, we were also able to see the competition quilts. These are some of the best quilts created in the world, I think in the last 3 years. The style ranges from traditional to contemporary, made all by hand and made all by sewing machine. I'll share some photos I took and then you can check out this link to see the quilts that were judged the BEST in various categories. WINNERS

I love this quilt by Cynthia England. Her booth was next to us during Market. I'm so happy she won Best of Show! The first person to ever win 3 Best of Shows!

Leafy Appliqué by Kaffe Fassett, Liza Lucy, Rebekah Lynch, Sylvi Sealy, Anita Brady. Quilted by Barb Persing.

Sunflowers and Flying Geese by Arlene Heinz


Country Garden by Brigitte Mesecke

 

Waiting for Kelly by Martha Wolfe

There were lots of special exhibits. This one had a Lion King theme.

This special exhibit's theme was the Pantone color, Highlight.

Coco by Neroli Henderson

Tickled Pink by Susan Carlson

Lazy Afternoon by Hiroko Miyama

The Venetian by Jan Soules

This is a group quilt by the Pittsburg Modern Quilt Guild. I really love it.

Leather!

Marilyn Badger and Cindy Oates. They often make quilts together.

Such a heart wrenching quilt by Cindy Garcia entitled Love Beareth All Things.

This was one of my favorites. There's lots of embellishing with beads. Free Tibet by Meri Henrique Vahl

Close Up.

Millefiori Quilt

 

On The Same Page by Linda Anderson

Of course I love any dog quilts.


Janet Stone makes amazing quilts that all have an alphabet theme.

There's also an auction. Previous winners are invited to donate a small quilt that is auctioned to raise money for the International Quilt Association. It's a chance to own a piece of art from some amazing quilters.

Kathy York is one of my favorite quilt artists. I love how she uses clear and vibrant colors. There was an exhibit of her quilts.

 

Can you tell the buildings rise off of the quilt?

 

 

 

 

 

 

The number of quilts is just mind blowing. My brain seems like it is going to explode from the beauty and inspiration. It does make me want to go home and sew and sew and sew.

 

4 comments:

  1. Seeing them pictured here makes me want to hurry up and finish my coffee, wake up a little more, and sew and sew and sew! Thanks for sharing! They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing these with us. It's nice to see them. Especially since I couldn't attend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.