Monday, June 12, 2017

It's Monday, Again

It truly is amazing how quickly Monday rolls around, week after week.  I am often juggling paper work, designing, kit making, sewing and correspondence so I often work straight through the weekend.  I do think about the saying that 
"if you love your work, you'll never work a day in your life", and I love my work. 
But this Saturday I left my studio for a multi-faceted visit to Philadelphia.

Gaffney's is a great fabric store in a part of the city  called Germantown.  It's got a little bit of everything with great prices.  And when they have a holiday sale, it's irresistible.  I am constantly on the search for cream colored batiks.  At Gaffneys, they are usually $6.99/yd.  Take off $1/yd on sale days and I buy whatever remains on the bolt.  I hit the motherload on Saturday.

Driving to the Famous 4th Street Deli for lunch, we found a huge surprise!  A couple of mosaics 
were located on  buildings on Bainbridge Street.



They reminded me of my visit to Philadelphia Magic Gardens a few years ago, filled with mosaics by Isaiah Zagar. He makes murals out of recycled found objects.  I found out there's a mosaic mural map of his mosaics  all over Philadelphia.  You can see it HERE.  This really opens up many road trips to different parts of Philly.

And then there was lunch:
I LOVE corned beef and a good kosher style deli.  It's in my DNA! Unless you share at the  Famous 4th Street Deli, I always go home with a doggie bag and a meal for the next day.  One of their desserts is enough for 4-6 people. It's a very dangerous place, but I love it.

But, my favorite part of the day was watching my favorite little boy playing in the dirt on the T-ball field.



Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Your post is full of good info on where to go and what to see... and eat! thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.