Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sew-A-Thon

Today was the sewing day for the reusable shopping bags for the upcoming baby shower. I had cut them all and they were ready for construction. My DIL arrived with my old sewing machine, a delicious mango cake and my son, ready for a marathon sewing session. She was determined to make these bags and become comfortable threading the sewing machine. (Remember those days when you dreaded that your thread would break or you would run out of bobbin thread?) My personal chef provided the Easter dinner.

We sewed and ate and sewed and ate.
She was a quick study as she sewed away. I included this photo as proof to her
family that O can sew.



And she finished her first bag. Yippeee!
(Please ignore my design wall, which is really my visual filing cabinet.)


14 down, 16 to go!



Now she's on her own. I know she can do it. You go girl!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl
    Olivia sent me the links to the two blogs about the shower gifts....love, love ,love them. So generous of you to help make Court's day soo special. You are the BEST! i am so happy we are now family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.