Friday, June 11, 2010

Zentangling

This pen and paper has brought me many hours of fun and creativity. 
I was introduced to Zentangle several yeas ago and have wanted to try it ever since.  I finally carved out a bit of time to experiment.  I used a Pigma Micron pen and the 4"x6" photo paper that comes with new inkjet cartridges.  I started by watching a  YouTube Video, that gave a nice introduction.  Zentangle is really a fancy form of doodling.  Here is my first one.

I found it to be relaxing and so enjoyable.  The lines and designs appeal to quilters because the lines and patterns  can be applied to quilts.  There are lots of blogs and websites to peruse.  Some of them detail what type of pen/paper to use.  I like using the photo paper, but it is not superabsorbant and does smear a bit. 


I have tried to do one a day.  And each time that I do one, I search around for new fill-in ideas.  This ends up increasing my "vocabulary".    A Sharpie marker works well to fill in larger areas.  Here are a couple more.

There are books and classes out there, but all you need to start is a pen and a piece of paper.  Try it.  It's fun!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so interesting! Thanks for sharing. I'm off to Youtube!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.