Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Spring 2011

I am always thrilled to participcate in Amy's Creative Side Blogger's Quilt Festival.  This spring I decided to share a quilt that is very personal to me.  Someone close to me was diagnosed with lung cancer.  It was very difficult news to handle and we had so many questions.  The questions weren't Why Me? but When can we have this test done? When will we get the answers? When can we start treatment? Why this drug and not that drug? Who'sw the best Dr?  etc, etc, etc.    As a means to deal with my sadness and pain, I created the quilt that I call "Questions".  It will be exhibited at The Sacred Threads Exhibit in Northern Virginia June 22-July 4th.



The dimensions of the quilt are 12"x12".  The fabrics are cotton, silk dupioni and organza.  It is embellished with beads and buttons and contains digitally printed fabric.  It is certainly a cathartic piece and I recommend working on a creative project to deal with any personal situation.

Be sure you check out all the other quilts.  You will be totally inspired.


Amy's Creative Side
http://www.amyscreativeside.com/


7 comments:

  1. I love your quilt Cheryl. Maybe someday you can share tips on working with silks. I've bought some and looking forward to playing with them, but still a bit nervous.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I love the idea of collages and fabric collages are the tops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl, its beautiful. A lot of detail and it really stands out. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats om having it shown at a exhibit---awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done. Such an outstanding quilt with a loving story. Thanks for sharing such a meaningful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful representation of such a tough time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's truely spectacular. Every quilt has a story and yours is special. Congrats on the exhibit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.