Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday's Wanderings #11 - Bitty Kinna's

It is hard to believe that this is the first Wednesday  in 2012 that I have been at home in Pennsylvania.  I have to say that it is so much easier to find a theme for my block of the week while I am on the road.  I still could do a bunch of blocks from visiting Israel, but my goal has been to "be in the moment".  The block should represent my week.

This week I headed out to Intercourse in Lancaster County.  I must have been a farmer in a former life.  I certainly wasn't Amish.  I love the farmland and seeing the Amish travelling the roads in their buggies and plowing their fields with their team of horses.  It is soothing and relaxing and mitigates some of life's stresses. 
A horse and buggy parked outside of Zooks - a great fabric store.
A shop with many beautiful hand made Amish quilts.
Farm country road
An Amish farm up ahead
A ram ready for a Spring haircut
I visited a few quilt shops and my favorite quilt shop owner.  Gina of Bitty Kinna's is one of the sweetest and generous women that I know. She greets many of her customers with a big hug.   I do have to say that I am quite biased.  She carries most of my Judaic patterns, OyVey! Quilt Designs.  She hangs the sample of each pattern and they sell like blockbusters.  It is always a wonderful excuse to replenish her stock for a trip to Lancaster.

So I chose to showcase her shop, Bitty Kinna's - Where Quilters Gather and an Amish buggy for my Wednesday's Wanderings.


(Addendum - Unfortunately, Bitty Kinna is no longer in business.  I hate to see a quilt shop close.)

6 comments:

  1. Cute! It looks just like her shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What nice photos and a great block. The horse and buggy looks so cute. Love the sign too.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. reminds of this amish book I just read, well I think it was fiction....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *love* the yarn for the horse's tail!!! I always try to do that too!!!! It adds such a touch of pizazz!! Your pictures have made my long for my little Virginia farmette. Don't get to see rolling hills (or even that much green) down here in South Texas....where we often joke that we can see as far as tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY nice. great job on the horse. makes me want to take a SLOW trip out to L next week. or not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds of the time we went to Intercourse a few years back ( 15 years or so), I am sure nothing much has changed since then. love the Wednesday wandering block. Thanks Cheryl. from TerryM in Israel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.