Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday's Wanderings #15 - Just Like Lisa

I want to make a confession.  I signed up to take Lisa Call's 3 day workshop for 2 reasons.  The first was to meet and get to know this amazing fiber artist whose career I have followed for several years.  The second reason was that
I WANTED TO MAKE A LISA CALL QUILT!!! 
Now when you take a workshop, the intended goal is to learn a technique and also to stretch and grow.  But I love Lisa's quilts so much, I just wanted to make a reasonable facsimile. 

So to celebrate my trip into Philly each day (chauffeured by my friend Terry) to learn from Lisa and admire her artistry and workmanship, I present my Wednesday's Wanderings, aka "Just Like Lisa":


I will post my quilt based on what I learned in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. My first impression was that of stylized train tracks but that is how I get into Phila. Does that have anything to do with your design or is it just a design? For something small and 'simple' it has a lot of perspective in it. It draws me back or up when I look at it. Love the colors and qulting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. It was a treat to have you in the workshop Cheryl - your ladders are delightful - as are you!

    ---lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I LOVE THIS!!! I think you accomplished your mission!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.