Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday's Wanderings #18 - Sew Embellished!

If you have been anywhere near me, my quilt guild or my blog within the last month or so, you know that this is the day that I have been waiting for.  My book has arrived!!!

 



In it I share the techniques I use to personalize my quilts.  It also has directions for some small projects that I call "embellished beauties". 

WW's topic has to be the arrival of my books, even though travel is my usual theme.  It needs to be in the finished quilt as one of the milestones of 2012.   I have hesitated putting a person with a face on a block.  Faces are not easy, especially when they are neckless!  But I wanted to share my jubilation.

Please let me know if you have found Sew Embellished! useful, informative and fun. I hope it is everything I wrote it to be.

5 comments:

  1. Looks interesting. I've added it to my wishlist. Will have to check it out when I get to Joann Fabrics next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quilt of you and the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love adding embellishments and unique items to small quilts pieces, there are so many fun things in the craft stores that can be used.
    I think your book will be wonderful for art quilters and those who want to learn how.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering about this book the other day, then forgot about it later and saw it mentioned on the EQ blog.... are you still sending me one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Cheryl! Did you print out and cut out all those little images of the book?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.