Friday, September 7, 2012

Gratitude

I think often about gratitude.  I am grateful for so many things in my life. 
This was the best birthday thanks to everyone who  sent their good wishes my way. 
 This includes all of my FB friends and my blog readers and
everyone who reached out to me via the Internet and the US mail.
 
My wonderful husband whisked me off to a surprise overnight getaway
 that included lots of surprises.
 
One of the best surprises was waiting for us when we arrived home.
From  one dog cousin to another, this was sitting on my doorstep.  How adorable is this?
 

 
Is my life perfect?  Not exactly.  We have had our share of health problems and like most of you, I worry about my children and their future. I no longer have a mother to turn to for love and advice and to be a proud grandmother to my kids. 
 
 I saw a great quote recently on Mark Lipiski's Fan Page:
 
 
This quote describes how I try to live my life.
 

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I have one of those husbands who asks me what I want, but I love him anyways, lol. It sounds like you had a wonderful day and Mark's saying is so true.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotation!! Thanks for sharing. Two of my favorites are:

    You know all those things you've always wanted to do....You should go DO THEM!


    Gratitude changes EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a perfectly happy birthday! I'm glad it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote! I am so glad you had such a nice time on your special day that you share with your hubby. By the way, cute little surprise on the door step too. I have never seen any like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dog flower arrangement and the quote! I'm glad that you had a special birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute gift left at your doorstep. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful husband you have to plan a surprise getaway!
    Great quote and adorable puppy dog flowers!
    You two do make the best of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And we are so grateful for YOU! What a nice gift, a surprise getaway! You have such a sweet hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.