Friday, October 9, 2015

I'm an Embroidering Fool

Since I learned how to use my embroidery model for my Bernina, I have been embroidering like crazy. My husband looks in my studio and wonders why I have 2 sewing machines set up. The new one is dedicated to embroidery and the other is for construction of things to embroider! When I'm done putting names in everything in sight, I'll put away the embroidery module. 

This is my favorite gift to give to new parents/ grandparents. It's a hooded towel. I did not create it, but I love making them, especially when the parents telL me that they use them for years. What little kid doesn't like a hooded cape?
I made two for twins!

I make one from a bath towel and half of a hand towel. 

My friend, Steph, was in China for 2 years and found these colorful designer style bags at what she calls the fake market. I had to wrangle them under the needle, but thankfully, I had no disasters. 
There was one left over, so I embroidered one for myself. 
When you're not using the bag, it folds conveniently flat. You can put it in a suitcase as an extra bag for traveling. 

I spent a good part of the summer working on a secret project. On Sunday, I'll be able to share more details and you'll be able to enter a drawing. For now, this is what I can share. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE your Torah coverings. They are beautiful!
    Is there a pattern available for the hooded towel and the fold up purses?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.