Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Joy of Teaching

I had a great day Saturday teaching Part 1 of the Convertible Curvalicious Backpack at The Round Bobbin. (If you want the pattern head to Curvalicious.net)
It was the perfect day to be teaching. How could anyone complain about being in a quilt shop for 4 hours?

Gretchen Gibbons was in the class. If any of you love wool appliqué, you probably know her. She has 2 wonderful books, Pennies From Heaven and Enchanted Garden. She brought her most recent quilt with her to share. It may be a Block of the Month, so I said "sign me up". Check it out. I think it's gorgeous with such an expected setting fabric. 

Here's a couple of close ups. 


The photos are a little blurry, but trust me, it's gorgeous. I don't know if you can see the seed beads. (I really need to learn to hold my phone still when taking photos.  )

I also finished Mary Marks' latest mystery book, called "Gone But Knot Forgotten".  Mary comes up with the most unexpected ideas as a basis for her novels.  It was a great read and truly a surprise ending. It's the third book that Martha Rose is the middle aged divorced quilter that is always at the center of a murder and helps to find the killer. 
I shared my Curvalicious tote bag with my class on Saturday. It really is bold and eye catching. I do love batiks. 
There is no pattern available, BUT, it's available as a video class. The video class is part of a year long class with 12 projects from 12 different teachers, called Quilted Adventure. Head to this site for more info: bitly/CherylLynch
It was filmed with my friend Nancy,in my sunroom, with my iPad. It is divided up into two parts. Also included is a tour of my studio and an interview. I'd love to have all of you as my students. This bag is one of my favorite designs. The class would make a great holiday gift, if someone you know needs a hint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.